We want you to have the best possible time enjoying the river with us!
Please always plan ahead and play it safe!
The following are our Rules of the River. We recommend the following tips to make sure that your trip is the best it can be!
Fifty West Canoe & Kayak Policies and Tips:
- All customers must sign a liability waiver.
- No one under the age of 18 (eighteen) is permitted without a supervisory adult over 18 year of age. Children must be at least 4 years old and 40 lbs. with an adult over 18 to canoe. At least 6 years old to tube, 8 years old kayak.
- By signing our waiver, you are accepting responsibility for all stated rules, including replacement costs for any and all equipment lost or damaged while in your possession.
- We are not responsible for any stolen, damaged, lost, or water-logged items.
- The key-board is for convenience; we are not responsible for any lost or forgotten keys.
- Dogs are welcome but owners must take full responsibility for their pet while on our premises and while using our equipment.
- Dogs must be on a leash and should have a life jacket.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any dog at our discretion. No refunds will be given due to unruly pets while on the water.
- Plan for 30 to 45 minutes per mile.
- Bring trash bags and leave no trace.
- Wear old clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet or muddy (gym shoes or water sandals – flip flops are NOT recommended).
- Bring sunscreen and plenty of water.
- Life jackets are for your safety and are required.
- Coolers are allowed. No Styrofoam coolers, no glass, NO ALCOHOL.
- Respect other paddlers, the river and private property.
- Be responsible for yourself and your own safety.
- Have fun!